NOTE: Going forward, we do not recommend using this and related tutorials (CoreVR asset pack) for VR functionality. Please see use the new VR Asset Pack for adding VR to your scene.
In this tutorial, we will look at how to add VR teleportation capabilities to a scene.
You’ll learn about adding teleporting capabilities for VR scenes.
Before you begin, you should have completed the following tasks and tutorials:
- Sign in to Amazon Sumerian with your AWS account
- All Amazon Sumerian Getting Started tutorials
- Scripting Basics tutorial
- Getting Started in VR
- Set up Oculus Rift or HTC Vive on your computer
Step 1: Create a New Scene
From the Dashboard, load a scene that has completed the steps found in the Getting Started in VR tutorial.
Step 2: Add Teleporting Functionality
- In the Entities panel, select controller_V_Left. Navigate to the Inspector panel and add a Script component.
- Filter the Assets panel by Scripts, and then drag the Teleport script onto the drop zone of the Script component.
Add the Teleport script to each of the other controllers: controller_V_Right, controller_O_Left, controller_O_Right.
Filter the Assets panel by Entities, and then drag Teleport Target onto each controller’s Teleport Script Teleport Target input.